Perfect for smaller spaces, such as student apartments with limited room, or for when unexpected guests drop by for drinks and can’t drive home, the pullout sofa serves several purposes. Functioning generally as a comfortable standard sofa seating several, with the ability to turn into a cozy bed within seconds.
As a sofa, the pullout sofa should offer extreme comfort, style and a sense of quality, whilst once morphed into a great place to sleep, the comfort should extend, and include a supportive mattress, allowing a peaceful night.
The mechanism should be smooth and effortless, and some even have the option of keeping the bedlinen in situ, eliminating the need to scurry off for sheets and a quilt.
All of our featured pullout sofas have to go through a number of rigorous tests before they can appear on our pages. These include:
- Comfort – in both forms, this should be paramount, with neither losing out to each other
- Quality – the mechanism should work, and each individual component displaying an incomparable quality
- Value for money – another important point, more expensive doesn’t always mean better
- Fire retardancy – each pullout sofa should comply with fire safety regulations
- Fabric – the fabric should be durable and hardwearing, yet retaining the greatest level of comfort
Only upon passing, will a product be added to our list, and that way, you know you can rely on Sofa Spring to supply the best pullout sofas.
This is our latest list of recommended sofas:
If you enjoyed this page, then why not take a look at some of our other articles.