Not limited to just holidays spent by the sea, beach chairs are the perfect thing for pool parties and other outdoor entertainment. Able to withstand getting wet, there’s no need to pack them away in inclement weather, and they can remain outdoors all year round. Easy to fold up and carry if necessary, they are often brightly colored by tradition – think of the UK’s famous colorful striped deck chairs.
Despite their light frames, often made of metal, they should not be light on quality, and this is a crucial component when considering beach chairs. Comfort is a big must-have too. The material should be sprung correctly allowing for some give as you sit down. We include these factors when considering which beach chairs to recommend. We also take into account a range of other points, including:
- Ease of setting up/taking down – it’s only practical if the beach chairs are easy to fold and unfold.
- Robustness and durability – your chair should last through many summers of use.
- Seller’s reputation – our reputation is reliant on theirs being flawless, so we only work with reputable sellers.
- Amount of support offered – there should be maximum support provided by the frame and fabric together.
- Value for money – we weigh up all the factors to ensure that you’re getting a lot of value for the price of these items.
Only upon passing these tests, can we recommend these beach chairs, and here are our top picks:
Looking for more inspiration for outdoor seating? Check out these pages too!