With a seat suspended from the elegantly thin, but deceptively strong jointed legs, the butterfly chair is an iconic and sought after design. Originally designed by architects in 1938, it was decades ahead of its time, but now is found in the lobbies of top-class hotels, and featured on the front pages of design and high-end fashion publications. Butterfly chairs are uniquely comfortable, stylish and can be used indoors and out.
In order to be sure you’re getting the best butterfly chair, we put each model through a barrage of tests, including:
- Weather resistance – you don’t want to have to bring it in every time the weather looks a little inclement.
- Build quality – must be of the highest standard to ensure your chair lasts for years to come.
- Construction materials – every component must be constructed with quality materials.
- Value for money – quality vs price is a critical factor, so we ensure all of our products offer great value for their cost.
- Support offered – comfort and support must be excellent.
The butterfly chairs featured here have all been winners in these tests, coming out with top scores in all categories. So, not only a comfortable and durable chair but they look amazing in our contemporary homes.
Why not have a look through our recommended models?
Looking for more inspiration for outdoor seating? Check out these pages too!