When space is an issue in your room, or you just like a slightly larger chair, then a chair and a half is ideal! As the name suggests it’s a bit bigger than a chair, but not quite the size of a couch so it’s perfect if you want to either spread out while you relax or cuddle up with your children. Adding a glorious touch of plump comfort, they can sit in any room and look invitingly welcoming.
Every chair and a half chair has been subjected to a barrage of tests in order to determine whether it deserves to appear as one of our recommended chairs. These tests include examining:
- Quality of fabric – whatever the fabric, it should be robust, snag-resistant, and offer a level of stain repellency
- Quality of build – the chair should be built to withstand years of use, and still remain as good looking as ever
- Value for money – a crucial factor for any purchase, so we only suggest furniture that offers a great cost-to-value ratio
- Comfort – every chair that we feature offers superior comfort and gentle support
- Style – whilst this is a matter of personal taste, the chair and a half chairs featured here all have a stylish designer look
With all those factors in mind, here are our top three Chair and a Halfs in Sep, 2020. Feel free to have a browse, knowing that we’ve done the hard work for you.
Perfect for snuggling under a blanket on a winter afternoon, or spreading out with a coffee and your favorite novel, this chair and a half is gorgeously stylish with its tufted style and sturdy wooden frame and legs. Covered in stain-resistant, robust cotton, this chair would suit any contemporary room design.
With clean, simple lines, and deep, comfortable stuffing, this is an impressive chair-and-a-half that enhances any living room. The fabric is stain-resistant, moisture repellent, and hard-wearing, yet soft and comfortable against your skin. It’s ideal for a cozy corner.
For a more retro take on the larger style of armchairs, this would complement any contemporary living room. Large enough to spread out in comfort, or to snuggle up for bedtime stories before the littlies go to sleep, this sophisticated chair is available in a wide range of colors to suit any interior.
How wide is a chair and a half?
A chair and a half is usually around 52 inches wide.
What is a chair and a half?
A chair and a half is the width of one and a half chairs, allowing for a sumptuous relaxed experience.
What size slip cover do I need for a chair and a half?
The size slip cover that you will need will depend on the specific dimensions of your chair. Measure the height, width and length of your chair and will be able to get a slip cover that fits your chair perfectly.
Enjoyed this article? Check out some of our others here!