Whilst the traditional reading chair would sit in the parlor, or drawing room, contemporary homes frequently site them in a corner of living or dining rooms. Again, although in previous centuries, the classically styled wingbacked chair was favored, nowadays anything goes, as long as it’s supremely comfy and allows you to relax with a good book and a coffee.
Our reading chairs are subjected to a series of tough challenges to determine several things, including:
- Quality of materials – these must match, or better yet, exceed our high standards.
- Durability – your chair should last and look great for years.
- Style – this is, after all, our middle name and the chair should ooze style and design.
- Price vs quality – value for money is an important consideration, and we ensure every suggestion gives you a great ratio of cost and value.
- Seller’s reputation – we leave no stone unturned when investigating our sellers.
Prior to the winged back reading chair, another, more unusual chair existed. Unfortunately, these strange variations only survive in a few English stately houses and museums, so why not start a new tradition with a modern reading chair from one of our top 3 recommended models here:
1 used from $142.65
If you enjoyed this article then you may also like to take a look at these pages!