Offering the impression of seclusion, the wing back chair is an easy chair, with the back extending slightly around the sides – the ‘wings’. This simple touch lends a luxurious, slightly decadent feel, allowing you to feel comfortably discreet. This high-end look is perfect for reading areas, dining rooms, or as an interesting additional chair in the living room. Why not team it with a gorgeously classical wood side table.
Because, at Sofa Spring, we look for the very same qualities that you do when buying a chair, we know the best factors to consider. This is how we judge which wing back chairs to feature:
- Quality – we never skimp on the quality of materials.
- Durability – you want the chair to last for years and years, so this is an important factor.
- Style – every high back chair must seep style and design.
- Affordability – value for money is crucial, so we ensure every item on this list gives you a solid bang for your buck.
- Seller’s reputation – we only work with reputable dealers to ensure customer satisfaction.
The wing back chair has a long history dating back to 17th Century England, so if you fancy a contemporary take on an old English tradition, have a browse through our recommended wing back chairs
If you enjoyed this article then have a look at these pages to get some more recommendations!