Mention Chesterfield, and any fan of classic interiors will go weak at the knees. The beautiful buttoned back and high rolled arms have received admiration from every quarter since the fourth Earl of Chesterfield (1694–1773) first commissioned the quintessentially English piece of furniture. Originally designed to allow a gentleman to sit correctly without creasing his suit, the style has remained very similar since the start.
Traditionally constructed from kiln-dried hardwood, and covered in rich, burnished leather, they have always been a statement piece, and even with today’s contemporary fabrics, Chesterfields stand out from the crowd. Often called a tufted back couch, these timeless classics look amazing in any style of interior, and are designed to last.
When looking to purchase a Chesterfield couch, there are a number of factors to consider, and we’ve tested each one to ensure the ultimate in quality. Among the points we’ve analyzed are:
- Quality – we only consider Chesterfields that are built with quality and durability uppermost, using the best materials
- Comfort – we’ve made sure to only recommend couches that offer excellent comfort
- Stain resistance – spills should never leave a mark, and scuffs should just brush off
- Value for money – expensive doesn’t always mean better, so we’ve found options that balance affordability and quality perfectly
- The seller’s reputation – we only deal with the best, most reliable sellers to ensure your complete satisfaction in all aspects
We can only recommend the Chesterfields that win through with flying colors, so why not have a look through our featured couches: